Polyamide resin, PA for short, commonly known as nylon, is a macromolecular main chain repeating unit containing amide groups in the polymer of the general name. It is the the largest output, the most varieties, the most versatile species for the five engineering plastics . The main species are nylon 6 and nylon 66, the absolute dominance of nylon 6 for the poly-caprolactam, and nylon 66 for the poly-adipic acid hexanediamine, nylon 66 is 12% harder than nylon 6; followed by nylon 11, nylon 12, nylon 610, nylon 612, nylon 1010, nylon 46, nylon 7, nylon 9, nylon 13, new varieties of nylon 6I, nylon 9T and special nylon MXD6 (barrier resin), etc., a wide variety of modified nylon varieties, such as reinforced nylon, monomer cast nylon (MC nylon), reaction injection molding (RIM) nylon, aromatic nylon, transparent nylon, high impact (super tough) nylon, plating nylon, conductive nylon, flame retardant nylon, nylon and other polymer blends and alloys, etc., to meet different special requirements, widely used as a Metal, wood and other traditional material substitutes.
As a large amount of engineering plastics, nylon is widely used in machinery, automobiles, electrical appliances, textile equipment, chemical equipment, aviation, metallurgy and other fields. It has become an indispensable structural material in various industries and its main features are as follows.
1.Excellent mechanical properties. Nylon has high mechanical strength and good toughness.
2. Self-moistening, good friction resistance. Nylon has good self-wetting, small coefficient of friction, thus, as a transmission components and its long service life.
3. excellent heat resistance. Such as nylon 46 and other highly crystalline nylon heat deformation temperature is very high, can be used at 150 ℃ for a long period of time … … PA66 after glass fiber reinforced. PA66 after glass fiber reinforced, its heat distortion temperature of 250 ℃ or more.
4. Excellent electrical insulation properties. The volume resistance of nylon is very high, high breakdown voltage resistance, is excellent electrical, electrical insulation materials.
5. Excellent weather resistance.
6. Water absorption. Nylon water absorption, saturated water can reach more than 3%. To a certain extent, it affects the dimensional stability of the workpiece.
If you want to make a high-quality plastic mold with Nylon or know more knowledge about precision mold,
You are welcome to contact by email@example.com